Industrial hygiene is the science and art devoted to the anticipation, recognition, evaluation, and control of those environmental factors or stresses arising in or from the workplace that cause sickness, impaired health and well being, or significant discomfort among workers or among citizens of the community.
Stressors in the workplace can generally be broken down into those that are chemical, biological, physical, or ergonomic. The Industrial Hygiene Section conducts air sampling, noise monitoring, and various other types of assessments and evaluations. We offer recommendations to the various Q-Chem Units on appropriate control measures in order to maintain a safe and healthful work environment; such as those dealing with handling hexavalent chromium.
The IH Section is also responsible for implementation and role out of Q-Chem.'s Hazard Communication (HAZCOM) Program. Compliance with this Program ensures that:
- All new chemicals entering the Facility have been evaluated for health, safety, and environmental hazards and are acceptable for a specific use at a specific work location within the Facility.
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) are maintained in all Hazard Communication Binders.
- An accurate chemical inventory is maintained.
- Environmental, health, and safety information on new chemicals is communicated to affected employees.
- Employees and contractors have the ability to access hazard information on chemicals used at Q-Chem.
For more details relating to Industrial Hygiene at Q-Chem, contact the Industrial Hygiene section:
|Name||Sara M khamis|
|Company||Qatar Chemical Company Ltd.|
|Address||P O Box 24646 Doha Qatar|